Friday 16 October 2009

Alpha Course Dissected


I've been reading a series of posts on the Alpha Course, which seems to be Britain's analog to the Way of the Master crap that Ray Comfort puts out. So far, I'm up to week seven, and I've thoroughly enjoyed the write-ups of the courses and the interactions. So, I thought I would pass it along. I would recommend that both atheists and theists take a look at this, as many of the unanswered atheist arguments spring up here, and the theists inevitably fail to provide anything approaching a compelling answer.

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Man, the outright disrespectful lies these assholes will tell to sell their bullshit.

"He tells us a story of the legendary lead singer of the rock band Queen, Freddie Mercury, who had all the material goods he could wish for, yet, as Gumbel tells us, Mercury was lacking the one thing he really wanted in life: a loving relationship."

In fact, Freddie had two very loving romantic relationships, with :shock and horror: both a woman and a man; to say nothing of the non-romantic loving relationships he shared with many others.

Oh, and he also believed deeply in a god.